Whereas being pregnant is a miracle, there are occasions when it may be uncomfortable and never so glamorous. Individuals hear about morning illness and swollen ft, however not essentially about being pregnant issues. Pregnant ladies must know what’s regular and irregular in being pregnant to allow them to know what to search for concerning any considerations. One of many first ideas at the moment’s visitor shared on this episode is selecting a major care supplier you want and belief. Having a superb relationship along with your physician or midwife and having continuity of care all through your being pregnant can assist you will have a more healthy being pregnant.
We discovered a whole lot of insightful ideas from our particular visitor, Dr. Alison Cowan. If you’re eager about studying extra about pre-eclampsia, ideas for self-advocacy, frequent being pregnant issues and what to search for, this episode is for you!
Who’s Dr. Alison Cowan?
Dr. Alison Cowan is an OBGYN, a mother of three (ages 10, 7, and three), and the Head of Medical Affairs for Mirvie. Mirvie is a maternal well being firm pioneering a brand new method for girls, anticipating mother and father, and their docs to foretell potential being pregnant issues early on.
Alison attended Emory College Medical College, the place she additionally acquired a grasp’s in medical analysis earlier than shifting on to do her OBGYN residency at Northwestern College. With over a decade of bedside expertise, Alison has delivered a whole lot of infants. She is now on a mission to assist change the established order for being pregnant well being. She is enthusiastic about sharing ideas for self-advocacy, having the healthiest being pregnant attainable, and advocating for change and fairness in being pregnant well being at each alternative. Alison resides in Colorado along with her husband, Patrick, and three kids.
What Did We Focus on?
On this episode, we chat with Alison in regards to the information behind frequent being pregnant issues, like pre-eclampsia, how ladies can advocate for themselves throughout being pregnant, and fairness in being pregnant well being. Listed here are a number of of the questions that we lined in our dialog:
- What steps can ladies take to make sure they’ve the healthiest being pregnant attainable?
- Why is self-advocacy an essential a part of a lady’s being pregnant?
- What ideas do you will have for self-advocacy throughout being pregnant?
- What are some frequent being pregnant issues? And what signs ought to ladies search for?
- Are you able to inform us extra in regards to the science and information behind a few of these frequent being pregnant issues?
- How frequent is pre-eclampsia?
- What causes pre-eclampsia? Can it’s prevented?
- Are some ladies at a better threat for growing pre-eclampsia than others?
- What are the signs of pre-eclampsia?
- Does pre-eclampsia go away after supply?
- I do know you advocate for fairness in being pregnant well being. Are you able to elaborate on this and what it means?
Dr. Cowan’s ardour and information about ladies’s well being is obvious on this episode. We discovered some useful info that may assist each particular person have a more healthy being pregnant. We hope you discovered one thing new, too! Cheers to wholesome pregnancies!